I went to an all-girls Catholic high school and our uniform consisted of a charcoal gray skirt, white shirt and "marsala" sweater. Except in the 90's we were calling it maroon, not the glamorous Marsala. Later in life I came to grips with wearing charcoal gray outside of my alma mater, but I pretty much kissed off maroon forever.
Then I went on a little back-to-school shopping bender at the outlet mall and found every store was well stocked with this burgundy wine color. Still couldn't bring myself to add it back into my wardrobe. Then I soon found out it was Pantone's color of the year for 2015. Sigh.
If you follow Pantone's color-of-the-year history, they are all over the board. One year it's a pastel, the next it's super bold. Any way you look at it, though, they keep it interesting.
So I finally broke down and bought my first maroon sweater since high school.
<- There I am in my cowl neck, marsala sweater (selfie)! I also have an addiction to striped shirts, but I'll get into that some other time.
It actually made for a fashionable, comfortable teacher outfit.
So I thought I'd share a few more Marsala clothes that teachers flaunt in 2015.
1. Old Navy's Marsala T-shirt Dress - perfect for the classroom, especially with changing seasons.
2. LaSportsac Kasey Cross-body Handbag (aff link) for those of you who would rather accessorize with marsala.
3. OPI Classic Shades Nail Lacquer lets you test out the color with out making too much of a commitment.
4. Lace blocked Tee from Loft is the perfect blend of fashion and comfort for the classroom!
5. H&M Marsala Twill Pants are on sale ($15) and would pair perfectly all our slimming black tops.
Have you added any marsala to your wardrobe?