If ever there is a time when adults (parents and teachers especially) need to keep kids occupied it's around the holidays. We need time to bake cookies, wrap gifts, get organized and just take care of general holiday demands.
So when the kid's wish list is written and "I'm bored" starts to come out of their mouth, keep them busy with this easy and fun kid's craft!
DIY decorated gift bags
Plain gift bags
Pencil with eraser
Step 1: Fold the coffee filter into a 1/16 wedge (fold 4 times). I hope I'm doing my math right - might be a good math lesson that can go along with this!
Step 2: Cut shapes into the wedge without cutting clear across the wedge.
Step 3: Open up the coffee filter to reveal the snowflake! Carefully apply the glue stick to one side and stick it to the bag. If the snowflake is too big for the bag front, cut it in half and glue the other half to the other side of the bag.
Step 4: Dip the pencil eraser into the white paint to add little specks of falling snow to the design.
Handmade Wrapping Paper
Once kids get the hang of making snowflakes, they'll be on their way to mass production. And what better way for them to create unique, handmade wrapping paper and gift bags for their teacher's gift or gifts for family and friends!
Speaking of gifts...Pampered Teacher is excited to be one of 9 specialty small businesses participating in a Holiday Gift Giveaway of unique products from family owned businesses!
Holiday Giveaway from 9 Family-Owned Businesses
Enter below to win one of the following awesome gifts from these online, small business:
(Open to US residents only)
- Pampered Teacher (us!) is giving away a single subscription box for a female teacher.
- Eve of Reduction, a simple living blog is giving away a signed copy of “Living Simple, Free & Happy” the DIY lifestyle book that will help you declutter, get organized and learn how to transform your home into an arena for living. If you have a new homeowner on your Christmas list this book is a perfect gift!
- Curiosity Pack, an online store for educational products that inspire a love of learning, is giving away a box full of letter games and activities for beginning readers. Teachers and parents, I know you're going to love this one!
- Steeping Secrets, an online store for tea lovers, is giving away one of their tea wallets! They're a best-selling item in the store and a sure hit for someone special on your gift list.
- Stitches Quilting, a specialty e-commerce shop for high quality fabrics and quilters accessories is giving away an Olfa Rotary Cutter. Even if you’re not a quilter, this handy tool is versatile is so many types of crafting and DIY projects!
- DIY Happy Kits, an online store for handmade gifts - made by you, is giving away a fabulous DIY soap making kit. Give the gift of artisan soaps scented in cinnamon, pine and cranberry.
- Heavenly Home Cooking, a food blog whose recipes are as amazing as the food photography, is giving away a one-of-a-kind set of (adorable) chickadee espresso cups (4 total).
- Woot & Hammy, an online store that sells beautiful and inspiring jewelry, is giving away a silver infinity necklace !
- Udderly Hot Mama, an online store for fashion-forward breastfeeding clothing, is giving away their Nursing Wrap Top, which makes breastfeeding discreet and stylish.
Congratulations for Manda O, the winner of the Pampered Teacher box!!