Eating healthy is something that all of us want to do. However, one of the reasons why I think people do not always make healthy food choices is because certain foods are inconvenient to prepare if not done ahead of time. Thinking about meals and prepping them ahead of time is an important step in eating the right amount and types of foods. Also, some of the easiest things to eat on the go are usually processed, packaged, or fast food—or at least that’s what people think. Time is such a big factor in how, where, and what people it.
I often put my snacks, breakfast, or lunch in Tupperware containers to bring along with me to school or work. (Honestly, my friends make fun of me because I like Tupperware so much). So if you’re anything like me, you’ll really love these yogurt parfait containers. They’re plastic and lightweight, a good size so you can fill it with a variety of different foods, and there are two different compartments that are separated by a double-sided screw-cap lid. This separated compartment makes it perfect for foods that pair well together or so you can bring a dip/condiment with it. There are so many different possibilities—I’m getting hungry just thinking about it! Here are some easy and healthy lunch ideas that you can bring on the go thanks to this handy cup!
Healthy Lunch Ideas
- Crackers, cheese, and turkey pepperoni: choose your crackers and favorite type of cheese. If you have never had turkey pepperoni before, it is much healthier than regular pepperoni; a 16-slice serving (which is a pretty large serving size) contains 4g of fat, 9g of protein, and only 70 calories.
- Pita chips and hummus: hummus is one of my all time favorite foods. I like plain hummus the best, but I’ve also had red roasted pepper and spinach artichoke. Pita chips can of course be switched out for veggies as well.
- Veggies and chunky blue cheese: carrots and celery are always my go-to and they fit easily in this container.
- Yogurt and granola/trail mix/nuts: I personally love sliced almonds in my yogurt—much less sugar than store bought granola as well!
- Apples and peanut butter (or your peanut butter alternative): works great for an on-the-go breakfast as well!
- Grapes and cheese: purple/red grapes and cheddar cheese are my favorite kinds to pair together.
- Tuna and Triscuts: use the Triscuts instead of making a tuna sandwich.
- Tuna and Chow Mein Noodles: the noodles add a little crunch!
- Egg Salad and bacon bits: healthy and full of protein.
- Salad and croutons: one of the easiest lunches there is!
- Smoothie and vitamins: The compartments are perfect for both of these, and it will remind you to take your vitamins with food if you sometimes forget.
If you have a sweet tooth or want a salty snack on the side of your lunch, here are some other ideas that you can pack in this container. Also, another great thing about this container is that it helps to control portion sizes. By putting your snack into this container, it prevents you from eating a whole bag of chips!
- Chips and French Onion Dip: If I could choose to have any snack, this would always be my number one choice.
- Tortilla chips and Nacho cheese sauce: because who doesn’t love nachos! You can buy nacho cheese in cans from Campbells.
- Bananas and Hot Fudge: If you're looking for a "healthier" recipe for hot fudge, just melt down a stick of butter, 6 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa and a can of sweetened condensed milk. That might not seem too healthy, but if you've ever looked at the pre-made hot fudge, it's full of awful ingredients.
- Strawberries and Nutella: Easily combined/switched with number 3.
- Pretzels and mustard: a delicious snack that can go a long way!